Rain

    Message 1 of 57 , Nov 5, 2005
      It rained today. Gonna rain all week.

      Yesterday. The day before. The day before.

      Bailed out my dinghy today. It was full of rainwater, the gunn'ls awash. I figure it took a foot of rain to do that.

      Small stuff, compared to what's happened down on the gulf coast. But wet, nonetheless.

      Made working on the boat a bit damp. Hooked up the TV. Refilled the water. Recharged the propane. Checked the batteries. Didn't sail. First weekend w/out sailing since - golly, a long time.

      The Puget Sound region is noted for rain. We tell everyone that it only rains a little every day. So I guess I oughtn't complain. But the last couple months have spoiled me, it seems.

      Boat comes out of the water next weekend for a bottom job and prop servicing. No sailing for a few days then, either.

      Color me blue and damp. I can't wait for the winter races to start!

      Jim Muri
      Col 9.6 #148 Outatime
      Pugetopolis, USA

      James R. Muri
      http://blizzardguy.com
      email everywhere: irumrj@...

    • John Dodd
      Message 57 of 57 , Apr 8, 2014
        oh well when southern calif falls off into the ocean they won't have to worry about drinking water ..
        jd

        On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Jesse Doyle <jess81452@...> wrote:

        The people in southern California need to be worried. They get a lot of
        their water from the delta here and their going to be sending less and less
        water because the salt water is going too far up the rivers now. Better
        start getting some rain soon or there's going to be a lot of thirsty people.
        They were going to build a lot of desalination plants but the eco freaks
        said that it would put too much salt back in one area. They fail to see just
        how good the plants are working in Australia. Where the discharge is there
        is massive growth. Don't know where their brains went but they had better
        stop halting progress or they will suffer the same as the rest of the
        people. Eco freak=idiot.
        Just my two cents for what their worth.
        Jesse Doyle
        Redwood City, Ca.