CYOA - Re: turning block loading-check this

  • Ed Mini
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 30, 2000
      jim maruca wrote:

      I am only 32 , but i have my dads 18" bamboo K&E on my boat for any
      calculations i need.  My dad was using it when he designed the black box on
      boeings 737, and various instruments on the 747 and space shuttle. He spent
      quite a few trips to the assension islands to do weather baloon testing on
      his instruments.  i was in the EE program at the University of wisconsin for
      a little while, never did finish it.   He was my age when he was killed in a
      plane crash at chicago's airport in Dec.1972.  Fog had the controller asign
      the same runway to a plane taking off and one landing.  I am still trying to
      figure out a couple of the functions on the slide rule.  You wouldn't happen
      to know of a good resource for how to use the whole thing?
      I know there are such things as electronic calculators but I like using the
      bamboo.

       Got offered a job in seattle yesterday.  Might be out there as soon as
      easter.
      jim C26