Home at last!!

  • Mary Reed
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2002
      Hello Columbia Folks,

      After 2.5 months sailing the fine Island of Santa
      Catalina, and 2.5 weeks motor homing with my Mom I
      have returned to the comforts of dock side living.

      I look forward to getting back into the groups
      discussions and info swapping. I know I missed a lot
      of great stuff as I deleted in a "pay for the time on
      line rush" over 1200 emails from this group. At one
      point I was using 147% of my available yahoo space.

      I spotted many Columbias in my time at Catalina with
      the help of the spotters guide. An origianl 26,
      several 26 mkII, A 39 bubble top, a 45, two 34, three
      36, and a 9.6 like mine that has been with the same
      owner all but the first year of it's existance. A
      couple more that I will have to review the guide to
      find as I made notes whenever I referred to the guide.

      The weather was great, the people were kind, the
      sailing was sporadic at best. I hope to go again next
      year with a job lined up. Now I am making "the list"
      of things I need to do before the spring. But hell, I
      just did 2.5 months as the boat sits and it was good.

      The motor home trip was good, but there is no ocean in
      Idaho and I missed the humidity and sea level.

      Great to be home again!!

      Mary Kate
      C9.6 Emma Bell
      Ventura, CA

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/
    • dave75121
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2002
        One of the things you may have missed.

        http://www.columbiayachts.com/

        Have a look at this ......soon.
        David
      • cmckesson2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2002
          Welcome home! What a great summer!~

          We only spent two weeks at the island, and we are now in San Diego
          till 1/1. But we plan to come back north in the spring, because of
          the whole length of coast I think we enjoyed Ventura and Sta Cruz
          Island the best!

          Welcome home.

          Chris & Debbie McKesson