Contender for sale

  • Eric White
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 13, 2002
      Hi folks,

      I just got this at the website and thought I would pass it along:

      For sale

      Columbia Contender 24 1968(?), Hull #106, Located in High Point, NC.

      In process of restoration. Has brand new batteries, VHF radio, and new
      Sunbrella covered cushions for the v-berth and side bunks.

      The main sail is in excellent condition. We have recently acquired a
      Dacron jib in also excellent condition to cut down into a jib for the
      boat. The sail is probably large enough to make two sails, a 150 (#1)
      and a 110 (#3). The teak was refinished and resealed this summer.

      Hull and cabin are sound. It needs some fiberglass work inside the
      cabin, some interior paint, and upper deck paint and rewiring. Bottom
      was painted fairly recently with a multi-season paint.

      Trailer is included in the price.$1500.00 Moving to desert :( Please
      contact Catherine email or phone cbw27262@... 336.847.2119 (cell)
      and 336.884.5069 (home)

      ****************************
      Eric White
      "Pelago" Columbia 40, #10

      Columbia Yacht Owners Association website
      http://www.columbia-yachts.com/

      NOTE NEW ADDRESS:
      ewhite3@...
    • Eric White
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 16, 2004
        I received this via the website
        ****************************
        Eric White
        "Pelago" Columbia 40, #10

        Columbia Yacht Owners Association website
        http://www.columbia-yachts.com/
        ******

        A friend who works at Peterson's Boat Yard in Upper Nyack is selling his

        > boat and asked me if I could pass the news on. It's a 1965 24'
        Columbia
        > Contender with one outboard and a spare parts motor. Main, three Jibs,
        new
        > head, life jackets and lots of extras. Includes an 8-foot Achilles
        > Inflatable Boat and 250 lbs mooring in Upper Nyack, New York. He is
        asking
        > 1,500 dollars and you can reach him at
        > jsmuir@... or me at robert_gainer@.... If you know of
        anyone
        > looking for a small Sailboat now is the time to say something.
        > All the best;
        > Robert Gainer
      • jordan5995
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 13, 2007
          last fall i got a 1967 24' contender... sailed it over the winter here
          in florida and just cant seem to be able to get out on it as much as i
          would like... if anyone is interested in it please feel free to contact
          me... the pics of it are in my folder in the photo section... it is
          located in New Port Richey FL in a slip that can be transfered and the
          slip fee is 200 per month. i'm asking 3000 or best offer.
          thanks
          Kurt
        • Blake J.
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
            I bought this boat as a project a few years ago. Since then I haven't
            had enough time to work on it much. Main, jib, mast, standing rigging
            and 6hp outboard motor are all included. New topside paint, but needs
            deck and bottom paint. With a little work and bottom paint she will be
            ready for the water. See pics in photo section under "Plan B". Asking
            $1300 obo

            Specifications are:
            L.O.A. 24'0"
            L.W.L. 18'3"