Columbia 8.7 Head Question

  • Sam Walker
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2001
      OK, I am too stupid to own a sailboat. I have not
      been able to locate a pump out fitting on deck for my
      boat. It appears that you must hook the pump out hose
      directly to the holding tank in the bow. This seems
      awfully inconvient, and a great way to mess up your
      interior. Am I doing something wrong?
    • kkeller@henderson.k12.nc.us
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2001
        Sam--hey, we're all stupid enough to own holes in the water;-]
        As far as your holding tank, take a look around it and follow all the
        hoses. I have a setup like Bob's with a waste deckplate just forward
        of the fill for the starboard water tank, though I added a small whale
        pump and a Y-valve in the hanging locker going to a through hull so I
        can pump it out myself when out far enough.
        Good luck

        Kip Keller
        8.7 Bluewind

        --- In columbiasailingyachts@y..., Sam Walker <samwalker33157@y...>