For anyone interested in slaving garmin gpsIII+ to autohelm AP

  • process222@email.msn.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2001
      I struggled with getting the autohelm to tract a route in the garmin
      for sometime but finally got it to work based on a little adjustment
      to the wiring. The secret was put the brown wire from the garmin to
      the NMEA input on the autopilot and a jump from the Garmin GROUND
      WIRE to the the NMEA output on the autopilot.

      Having an autopilot slaved to a gps route can be very useful under
      certain conditions.