ideas for snazzier interior

  • gr8wi9
    Message 1 of 51 , Jan 12, 2014
      This is probably a better question for Good Old Boat magazine. There are thousands of old boats with essentially the same look to their interiors. I've started thinking about how to add a little wow factor to our 8.7, but I don't have any good ideas. We've replaced upholstery and the headliner, sole, spruced up the other teak, but it's still basically the same. My aim is to make it feel more like we're going to a nice hotel or something when we go down those steps. Success could mean gutting the interior and starting over, but maybe there's a less involved remodel job that would work. Probably not just paint though. Has anyone else tried going down this path?

      Thanks,
      Jim
      Message 51 of 51 , Jan 15, 2014

        That’s right. The taste of the good beer, how smooth the scotch is, fishing off the stern at a slow troll, dolphins off the port bow and orca off the starboard. Lots of stuff other than stuff to argue about.

        From: welshman@...
        Date: 01/15/2014 7:07 AM (GMT-08:00)
        To: columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com

        Marty

        I am 4th generation Californian on my mom's side. Some of the family got here
        before the gold rush, supposedly one of my several greats grandma's petticoat was
        used to make the bear flag in the bear flag revolt. Nice story but probably not
        true. I live in Alaska because I find it very difficult to deal with the press of
        people and the change from the rural post WWII paradise I was raised in. Most of
        the government issues you talk about come from too many people. There are huge
        conflicts between user groups over resources in land, water and general environment
        that just can't be reconciled, to many users. The regulations come from the desire
        to protect the state from the pressures of the population. There is much much more
        to this conversation but this is not the forum, not even in these doldrum days
        winter.

        Next time we are in the tavern together we can hash it out.

        HJ