Re: Any ideas on how to make this leak proof? [2 Attachments]

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 40 , Jul 16, 2013
      You could mask the slot and holes, then with the track inverted, fill the slot with Boatlife. After it cures, drill the holes through the sealant. Then, when ready to position the track on the boat, apply Boatlife PASTE around the holes in the boat, and install the track. It WILL be a messy job, but manageable if handled well. Mask all along the deck areas to make clean up easier.
      The new bolts should be inserted with fresh Boatlife LIQUID sealant under the heads, and along part of the threaded body to form a seal.
      Subsequent bolt removal will be possible, and the seal will be flexible.
      Good Luck, whatever you decide to do...
      ~ pete

      --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "mitch_at_sea" <kestrel-01@...> wrote:

      > The issue I have with this is ensuring a good seal around the bolt when it is at the bottom of the slot. I don't have good access to this point when the trrack is in place, so the best I can do is to put a glob of sealant over each hole in the deck before putting the track on. Each bolt would then pass though a glob the sealant when I put it through the deck.
      >
      > I don't trust this much, but unless someone has a better method it's all I can come up with.
      >
      > Mike
      >
      > --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, Jim Muri <irumrj@> wrote:
      > >
      > > One seals the through-bolts.  Forget about the slot.
      > >
      > > James R. Muri
      > >
      > > Novelist, Sailor
      > > BUY: My e-Novels at http://blizzardguy.com/venture/
      > > SITE: http://blizzardguy.com
      > > BLOG: http://theostrichkiller.blogspot.com

    • Brandon F
      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 25, 2013
        Anybody know the StummpyJ or Ed Stummp? I wonder what the previous name(s) were of the boat?

        Brandon