9.9 johnson in columbia 26mk 1 well

  • John Dodd
    Message 1 of 6 , May 29, 2013
      guys just picked up a 1982 johnson 9.9 in a trade .. before I spend a bunch of money getting it running would like to know if it will fit in the well on my 26 or 24 columbia .. same well size I think
      anybody want to chime in here ... (have an old 6 hp in there now  .. seems to do ok but we do get a lot of wind and tide up here on the chessie so just thinking about a bit more power )

      John dodd
      sv puffin columbia 24
      sv nirvana colubia 26 mk 1

      --
      My new favorite quote
      "The last thing you want to is to be sitting on your death bed with all your dreams standing around asking, why you taking us with you ? ... so many people do that ... so many people think your dreams have deadlines... but they don't" ... L.L. Cool J ... july 8th 2012

          Message 4 of 6 , May 29, 2013
            I have a yamaha 9.9 high thrust in mine. I think my motor is bigger than yours. It does fit in the well., The problem is when you try to tip it up to get it out of the water. And it is almost impossible to fit the flush equipment on it short of going for a swim

            Message 5 of 6 , May 29, 2013
              I hear you there. I made a board that attaches to a hand cart so I can mount the engine on the hand cart to trundle it around.

              bruce I may just have to take it over to the dock and see if it will drop in .. problem is the dock is a long one and this thing is heavy .. just was hoping someone had tried it before so I wouldn't have to LOL ..

              jd

            • jackever
              Message 6 of 6 , May 29, 2013
                Yes it will fit. My Challenger had one when I got it. Had to lift it out to get it out of the water. Does anyone want to come by Redwood City and buy it cheap for parts or to fix?

                Jack