Re: CYOA - Real or fact

  • cjecje1
    Message 1 of 9 , May 20, 2013
      Easy there; don't read too much of what you want to say into what I write. I mentioned Howard Stern's doings before giving my own opinion. Nothing more than that.

      "cite it as proof"? Please! <g>

      stephen
      ----------

      On May 20, 2013, at 10:09 AM, d_ensley0530@... wrote:

      So, a shock jock radio host interviews as many people as necessary to get a suitable number of stupid responses to questions about politics. He then airs it on his entertainment show. Then you cite it as proof that most people avoid critical thinking. Irony alert? Shall we discuss climat change next, or trickel down economics?

      Dan

      Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

      Message 2 of 9 , May 20, 2013
        Let's just call this the game of gossip. By the time it gets to the end it
        has nothing to do with the original subject. This has nothing to do with
        politics. It has everything to do with your average human being. They're
        basically cattle, willing to follow the trail laid before them as long as
        they don't have to make a real decision and aren't bothered with details.
        Thus laid on the table are my two cents and written my opinion. I'm sure
        this will cause further debate. Have fun with it. Out!
        Jesse Doyle
        1971 Columbia 28’
        s/v Wind Singer
        Redwood City, Ca.
        37º 35’ 14.32” N
        122º 18’ 58.89” W

        ------------------------------------

        Columbia Yacht Owners Association Website:
        http://www.columbia-yachts.com/

        Home:
        http://www.egroups.com/group/columbiasailingyachts/

        *> To visit your group on the web, go to:

        *> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

        *> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        *> To change settings via email:
        columbiasailingyachts-digest@yahoogroups.com
        columbiasailingyachts-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        *> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

        *> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Columbia Yacht Owners Association Website:
        http://www.columbia-yachts.com/

        Home:
        http://www.egroups.com/group/columbiasailingyachts/

      • Peter
        Message 3 of 9 , May 21, 2013
          Maybe its more subtle than that...maybe most people favor being polite in public over the bluntness it takes to simply say "what you just said makes no damn sense".
          Trickle down worked if you were positioned for it, and climate change is working, inevitable as it seems, so what are we talking about, sailboats, and sailing? I'll give that a try...
          ~ pete