Re: CYOA - Real or fact

    Message 1 of 9 , May 17, 2013
      Yes.  They prefer to trust their 'feelings' instead of their thoughts.  Thoughts take work.  Feelings don't.

      Speaking of work, it's off to the boat.  I have to remove the entire port settee in order to install an 8D battery box.

      Message 2 of 9 , May 19, 2013
        Best bumper sticker I saw this weekend on I-95, showed image of flopsy-eared dog and caption: "I ride inside...and won't vote for Romney".
        Not sure which Romney positions you mean...some were shared, until Romney recanted his past.
        Had a real productive weekend working on the 9.6, and never once thought about an in office politician or a gun....
        ~ pete

      • d_ensley0530@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , May 20, 2013
          So, a shock jock radio host interviews as many people as necessary to get a suitable number of stupid responses to questions about politics.  He then airs it on his entertainment show.  Then you cite it as proof that most people avoid critical thinking.  Irony alert?  Shall we discuss climat change next, or trickel down economics?

          Dan

          Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

          Message 4 of 9 , May 20, 2013
            Easy there; don't read too much of what you want to say into what I write. I mentioned Howard Stern's doings before giving my own opinion. Nothing more than that.

            "cite it as proof"? Please! <g>

            stephen
            ----------

            On May 20, 2013, at 10:09 AM, d_ensley0530@... wrote:

            So, a shock jock radio host interviews as many people as necessary to get a suitable number of stupid responses to questions about politics. He then airs it on his entertainment show. Then you cite it as proof that most people avoid critical thinking. Irony alert? Shall we discuss climat change next, or trickel down economics?

            Dan

            Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

            Can this really be true. No folks, this is just me pretending to be sailer bill.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2diNojgJF9c&feature=share

            ------------------------------------

            Columbia Yacht Owners Association Website:
            http://www.columbia-yachts.com/

            Home:
            http://www.egroups.com/group/columbiasailingyachts/

            *> To visit your group on the web, go to:

            *> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

            *> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

            *> To change settings via email:
            columbiasailingyachts-digest@yahoogroups.com
            columbiasailingyachts-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            *> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

            *> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            Message 5 of 9 , May 20, 2013
              Let's just call this the game of gossip. By the time it gets to the end it
              has nothing to do with the original subject. This has nothing to do with
              politics. It has everything to do with your average human being. They're
              basically cattle, willing to follow the trail laid before them as long as
              they don't have to make a real decision and aren't bothered with details.
              Thus laid on the table are my two cents and written my opinion. I'm sure
              this will cause further debate. Have fun with it. Out!
              Jesse Doyle
              1971 Columbia 28’
              s/v Wind Singer
              Redwood City, Ca.
              37º 35’ 14.32” N
              122º 18’ 58.89” W

              Message 6 of 9 , May 21, 2013
                Maybe its more subtle than that...maybe most people favor being polite in public over the bluntness it takes to simply say "what you just said makes no damn sense".
                Trickle down worked if you were positioned for it, and climate change is working, inevitable as it seems, so what are we talking about, sailboats, and sailing? I'll give that a try...
                ~ pete