Hull number one: Part two, the inside story

  • Brandon F
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2013
      Monday afternoon David and Betsy invited me aboard Alcyone for a look at her inside. What a beauty!

      The boat has the standard layout, but the joinery is a cut above what you would expect in a production boat. Most of the fiberglass pan is clad in teak veneer and there are many extra cabinets and other special features.

      The story goes that the first hull was sold to the commodore of the Marina del Rey Yacht Club. He was friends with the Columbia owners so when he said he wanted the new 43 hull with a Columbia 50 deck, that's what he got.

      I have more pictures on my blog.

      Brandon
      SV Oceanus, C-43
      Newport, Ore.