San Fran bound...

  • jeff t
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
      leave Detroit at 11:30, stop in Houston for a couple of hours. SFO by supper.10 days In Baghdad by the Bay.(blue angels too!)
    • Paul Esterle
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
        Sounds like you are going to miss the Annapolis show. Anyone going?

        Capt'n Pauley (Paul Esterle)
        Freelance Boating Writer
        www.thevirtualboatyard.com
        www.youtube.com/user/captnpauley
        www.lulu.com/spotlight/captnpauley

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
          My boss Erik Kyle will be there...stop by the booth and tell him I promised he'd buy you a beer.Heehee. I had to decide...Annapolis...or The AC Cup. hmmm.Some decisions are easier than others.

          --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, Paul Esterle <pesterle@...> wrote:

          > Sounds like you are going to miss the Annapolis show. Anyone going?
          >
          > Capt'n Pauley (Paul Esterle)
          > Freelance Boating Writer
          > www.thevirtualboatyard.com
          > www.youtube.com/user/captnpauley
          > www.lulu.com/spotlight/captnpauley
          >
          > On 10/2/2012 3:20 AM, jeff t wrote:
          > >
          > > leave Detroit at 11:30, stop in Houston for a couple of hours. SFO by
          > > supper.10 days In Baghdad by the Bay.(blue angels too!)

        • Jack Everett
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
            Locals do not use "San Fran" or "Frisco".. The City.. or just SF.. Just want to keep you out of trouble ..if that is possible.
            See you WED afternoon?

            Jack A. Everett
            Cell 650-208-0465

          • Paul Esterle
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
              Jack, you got your work cut out for you if you are trying to keep him
              out of trouble!

              On 10/2/2012 12:02 PM, Jack Everett wrote:
              > Locals do not use "San Fran" or "Frisco".. The City.. or just SF..
              > Just want to keep you out of trouble ..if that is possible.
              > See you WED afternoon?
              > Jack A. Everett
              > Cell 650-208-0465

            • Jack Everett
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
                that was not too clear.. Local use "the City" or say San Francisco fully.
                They get uptight sometimes.

                Jack A. Everett
                Cell 650-208-0465

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012

                  Yup, I can testify to that. When I first got here I made the mistake of saying “frisco” while in the city. I got corrected promptly and a couple of them were downright rude about it.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
                    Way off on a tangent

                    While in the Yellowstone Park area recently:  If we (or anyone) said "buffalo" there was an immediate "they're BISON" from at least 1 and sometimes multiple folks around you.

                    So much for my education teaching me about "BUFFALO HUNTERS" et al when I was growing up.

                    Now I"m warped for life........

                    Well... . . . I might have been anyhow. . . .

                    David
                    Bremerton, WA
                    1968 C-22 #1109
                    "Eaglet"

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
                      Send us some pictures of the Blues!

                      Charles
                      '87 O'Day 272
                      Pensacola, FL
                      leave Detroit at 11:30, stop in Houston for a couple of hours. SFO by supper.10 days In Baghdad by the Bay.(blue angels too!)

                      No virus found in this message.