Sails - Package deal !!!

  • charles.c3466
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2012
      I have thought of a way to make the C34 mainsail deal even more attractive --- I will throw in a reacher and a spinnaker staysail on the deal. The reacher is a high clewed headsail which sheets aft like a chute. The spinn stays'l sets inside of that ; the original main and that headsail combination make the Columbia 34 a freight train on a 15 knot reach!!! My new rig does not make use of these original headsails , so it occurs to me that I should find a home for them.

      Make an offer ...
    • seltzerman1
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2012
        Charles, I had tried emailing you about the sail months ago when you first mentioned it but did not hear back. If it is still for sale, email me directly at seltzerman@.... Not sure how much you are asking for it or what the package is but I can foresee needing a new main soon.

        Craig
        Crazy For Pancakes Too
        1974 C34MkII
        San Francisco, CA

        --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "charles.c3466" <charles.c3466@...> wrote:

        > I have thought of a way to make the C34 mainsail deal even more attractive --- I will throw in a reacher and a spinnaker staysail on the deal. The reacher is a high clewed headsail which sheets aft like a chute. The spinn stays'l sets inside of that ; the original main and that headsail combination make the Columbia 34 a freight train on a 15 knot reach!!! My new rig does not make use of these original headsails , so it occurs to me that I should find a home for them.
        >
        > Make an offer ...

      • Trevor Lewis
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2012
          What area are you in? Jist trying to figure out how shipping would be on a package like that.

          Trevor

          --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "charles.c3466" <charles.c3466@...> wrote:

          > I have thought of a way to make the C34 mainsail deal even more attractive --- I will throw in a reacher and a spinnaker staysail on the deal. The reacher is a high clewed headsail which sheets aft like a chute. The spinn stays'l sets inside of that ; the original main and that headsail combination make the Columbia 34 a freight train on a 15 knot reach!!! My new rig does not make use of these original headsails , so it occurs to me that I should find a home for them.
          >
          > Make an offer ...

        • charles.c3466
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 5, 2012
            Trevor - I have settled on a deal with a buyer for the main , and am awaiting deposit. Thank you for your interest.

            Charles J Koehler