Re: C 34 mainsail for sale

  • charles.c3466
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 1, 2012
      Peter , For openers ...

      https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox/132f58f09241eab4

      --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <pajama1lama@...> wrote:

      > Charles,
      > I am interested in the story behind the carbon mast upfit...how it came about, what special considerations you encountered, anything you have time and inclination to share.
      > Best of luck on selling the sail, I hope that all goes well for all concerned.
      > ~ pete
      >
      > --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "charles.c3466" <charles.c3466@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have shamelessly bumped this in the hope of finding an interested party ...
      > >
      > > --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "charles.c3466" <charles.c3466@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Here is my story:
      > > >
      > > > I have just finished a rig conversion - I have adapted a Melges 30 carbon fiber mast to my 1966 Columbia 34. It is a fractional rig in which the foretriangle remains the same , but the "P" measurement increases by about 5 1/2 ft. My main cannot be re-cut , so I wish to sell it.
      > > >
      > > > My "old" main is 9 years old , but has only 1 season of use as I laid the boat up for 8 years of renovation shortly after buying a new main. It is a North cruising main , loose footed with really cool modern batten pockets.. The condition is near perfect , super clean , with trim stripes and still crinkly tell-tales. No stains , no wear.
      > > >
      > > > Anyone want to buy a like-new mainsail?
      > > >
      > > > CK

    • Peter
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 1, 2012
        Charles,
        It looks like I have to sign up for something "google-y", which I try to avoid, mostly.
        Not sure were you were sending me, but i just have this aversion, you see...thanks anyway.
        ~ pete

        --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "charles.c3466" <charles.c3466@...> wrote:

        > Peter , For openers ...
        >
        > https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox/132f58f09241eab4
        >
        > --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <pajama1lama@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Charles,
        > > I am interested in the story behind the carbon mast upfit...how it came about, what special considerations you encountered, anything you have time and inclination to share.
        > > Best of luck on selling the sail, I hope that all goes well for all concerned.
        > > ~ pete
        > >
        > > --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "charles.c3466" <charles.c3466@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I have shamelessly bumped this in the hope of finding an interested party ...

      • Trevor Lewis
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 1, 2012
          Hi there Peter, I have a Columbia 34 and am interested in your main sale, what are you asking for it? And what area do you live in? Just want to figure out shipping costs.
          Thanks, Trevor
          --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" > > > > >

        • charles.c3466
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 2, 2012
            Peter - it is a link to an image from my e-mail , a cell phone photo I took of my new rig underway , then sent to myself. It was a quick , easy way for me to post a picture. CJK

            --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <pajama1lama@...> wrote:

            > Charles,
            > It looks like I have to sign up for something "google-y", which I try to avoid, mostly.
            > Not sure were you were sending me, but i just have this aversion, you see...thanks anyway.
            > ~ pete
            >
            > --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "charles.c3466" <charles.c3466@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Peter , For openers ...
            > >
            > > https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox/132f58f09241eab4
            > >
            > > --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <pajama1lama@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Charles,
            > > > I am interested in the story behind the carbon mast upfit...how it came about, what special considerations you encountered, anything you have time and inclination to share.
            > > > Best of luck on selling the sail, I hope that all goes well for all concerned.
            > > > ~ pete

          • charles.c3466
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 2, 2012
              Trevor - perhaps we got our wires crossed - the C34 mainsail for sale is mine. I am having a tough time getting accustomed to this site format ... CJK

              --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "Trevor Lewis" <lew_po@...> wrote:

              > Hi there Peter, I have a Columbia 34 and am interested in your main sale, what are you asking for it? And what area do you live in? Just want to figure out shipping costs.
              > Thanks, Trevor
              > --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" > > > > >

            • Larry W
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 2, 2012
                Charles, I tried to access the photo with your link, as I'm already hooked into Google mail, but no luck. It only directs me to MY inbox. If you can forward a copy of the mail containing the photo, I can share it with Pete.
                Larry Wilson

                --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "charles.c3466" <charles.c3466@...> wrote:

                > Peter - it is a link to an image from my e-mail , a cell phone photo I took of my new rig underway , then sent to myself. It was a quick , easy way for me to post a picture. CJK
                >
                > --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <pajama1lama@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Charles,
                > > It looks like I have to sign up for something "google-y", which I try to avoid, mostly.
                > > Not sure were you were sending me, but i just have this aversion, you see...thanks anyway.
                > > ~ pete
                > >
                > > --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "charles.c3466" <charles.c3466@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Peter , For openers ...
                > > >
                > > > https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox/132f58f09241eab4

              • Peter
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 2, 2012
                  Charles, I thank you for your trouble, but decline to sign up for gmail account or whatever that was on that link to view the picture.
                  Hoping you will understand, and again, many thanks for trying.
                  ~ pete

                  --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "charles.c3466" <charles.c3466@...> wrote:

                  > Peter - it is a link to an image from my e-mail , a cell phone photo I took of my new rig underway , then sent to myself. It was a quick , easy way for me to post a picture. CJK
                  >
                  > --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <pajama1lama@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Charles,
                  > > It looks like I have to sign up for something "google-y", which I try to avoid, mostly.
                  > > Not sure were you were sending me, but i just have this aversion, you see...thanks anyway.
                  > > ~ pete
                  > >
                  > > --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "charles.c3466" <charles.c3466@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Peter , For openers ...
                  > > >
                  > > > https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox/132f58f09241eab4

                • Trevor Lewis
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 2, 2012
                    Sorry bout that, new to this sort of stuff myself. I notice there's a bit more attention for the sail now. Has it been sold? or how much are you asking for it?

                    Thanks , Trevor

                    --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "charles.c3466" <charles.c3466@...> wrote:

                    > Trevor - perhaps we got our wires crossed - the C34 mainsail for sale is mine. I am having a tough time getting accustomed to this site format ... CJK
                    >
                    > --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "Trevor Lewis" <lew_po@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Hi there Peter, I have a Columbia 34 and am interested in your main sale, what are you asking for it? And what area do you live in? Just want to figure out shipping costs.
                    > > Thanks, Trevor
                    > > --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" > > > > >

                  • charles.c3466
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 3, 2012
                      Trevor _ getting the wires crossed was entirely my doing. I am having a difficult time navigating this site ; I am more accustomed to the format of the Moyer Marine Atomic Four Forum. Anyway - yes , the Main is still for sale. Check out my other thread in which I added to the offer. As to price , well , on one hand the sail is in excellent condition , on the other hand it does not conform to my new mast , so - what is it worth to you?

                      I would be glad to enter into bargain talks ...