RE: CYOA - Introducing C22 hull # 482 (I think)

  • Daniel Grant
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2010
      A lot of the olumbia Boats preceeded the HIN number system and had a number in the head that was a manufacturer number. Dan

      > To: columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com
      > From: donrickles@...
      > Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 00:01:00 -0600
      > Subject: Re: CYOA - Introducing C22 hull # 482 (I think)
      >
      > Depending on the year model you may find a serial number or Hull Id Number
      > (HIN) on the rear transom. All boats I have had in the past the HIN has
      > always been on the upper right side looking at the rear of the boat. On my
      > 32T however it is on the upper Left side. Just below the rub rail. Have a
      > look there and see if you don't find a number.

    • Don

        > I finally got my Columbia 22 home yesterday after rebuilding / modifying a
        trailer and having a few issues with loading and driving 200 miles home!
        (More on that story later.)

        > There was no Hull plate to be found anywhere on this boat, and the metal
        hub on the rudder shaft (where it was suggested some numbers were stamped)
        is completely corroded away.

        > But! I unrolled the sails and as long as "North Sails" was an original
        sail supplier, my hull # is 482. That is the number on the main and I have a
        "North Sail" sail bag with "COLUMBIA 22 482 MAIN" stencil painted on the bag
        just above the North Sails logo.

        > Can't imagine why anyone would stencil this on the bag and not their name
        or something, unless this is factory original. I have also checked owner
        registries on all the Columbia groups I could find and this number is not
        "taken" already.

        > So... My question to the group. Is it safe to assume and declare that I am
        the proud owner of C22 hull #482?

        > Thanks for the input!
        >
        > Glenn.

        > To Subscribe, send a message to:
        columbiasailingyachts-subscribe@...

      • Harry James
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 1, 2010
          The 22 was built before the advent of the HIN. Hin's came on after 1972
          when the last 22 was built.

          HJ

            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
              Well, based on the response so far, there will be no 2011 CYOA calendar.
              Normally, this time of year I have anywhere from 20 to 40 pictures to
              choose from. This year only about four have submitted pictures. Some
              good pictures but not enough for a calendar. First time in 6 years we
              won't have a calendar...

              Paul Esterle
              Freelance Boating Writer
              "Capt'n Pauley's Place"
              The Virtual Boatyard
              www.thevirtualboatyard.com
            • John Dodd
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
                Paul

                given how many boats seem to be under reworking this year ..maybe the calendar should just feature reconstruction photos .. shots of folks buried in the engine compartment
                before and after shots of the interiors and things like that ..
                just a suggestion

                and again let me apologize for the row about the misplaced finger ..

                John Dodd

                On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Paul Esterle <pesterle@...> wrote:

                Well, based on the response so far, there will be no 2011 CYOA calendar.
                Normally, this time of year I have anywhere from 20 to 40 pictures to
                choose from. This year only about four have submitted pictures. Some
                good pictures but not enough for a calendar. First time in 6 years we
                won't have a calendar...

                Paul Esterle
                Freelance Boating Writer
                "Capt'n Pauley's Place"
                The Virtual Boatyard
                www.thevirtualboatyard.com

              • Letsgosailing now
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
                  Hey Paul,
                  How many pictures do you want? I never had a calendar.

                  Yanni@ Service
                  Pisces Marine
                  669 Third Line
                  Oakville On
                  L6L4A9
                  905-827-4384
                  www.piscesmarine.ca
                  S/V Princess Thalia
                  Columbia 8.7 #73
                  Looking for new home...

                  > Well, based on the response so far, there will be no 2011 CYOA calendar.
                  > Normally, this time of year I have anywhere from 20 to 40 pictures to
                  > choose from. This year only about four have submitted pictures. Some
                  > good pictures but not enough for a calendar. First time in 6 years we
                  > won't have a calendar...
                  >
                  > Paul Esterle
                  > Freelance Boating Writer
                  > "Capt'n Pauley's Place"
                  > The Virtual Boatyard
                  > www.thevirtualboatyard.com

                  > To Subscribe, send a message to:
                  > columbiasailingyachts-subscribe@...

                • Susan Lawson
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
                    me neither, henry

                    > Well, based on the response so far, there will be no 2011 CYOA calendar.
                    > Normally, this time of year I have anywhere
                    from 20 to 40 pictures to
                    > choose from. This year only about four have submitted pictures. Some
                    > good pictures but not enough for a calendar. First time in 6 years we
                    > won't have a calendar...
                    >
                    > Paul Esterle
                    > Freelance Boating Writer
                    > "Capt'n Pauley's Place"
                    > The Virtual Boatyard
                    > www.thevirtualboatyard.com

                    > To Subscribe, send a message to:

                    href="mailto:columbiasailingyachts-subscribe%40eGroups.com" rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:columbiasailingyachts-subscribe%40eGroups.com">columbiasailingyachts-subscribe@...

                  • Kurt Messerschmidt
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
                      Paul,

                          Please use that great shot of the Como No in the middle of Lake Ontario.  I know it was in one of your calendars a few years ago but if we're short of pictures for this year, that would be a fine one to use.

                      Best wishes,

                      Kurt Messerschmidt

                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
                        I've got three, maybe four, so far. So I need 8 or 9 more...

                        On 11/2/2010 1:16 PM, Letsgosailing now wrote:
                        > Hey Paul,
                        > How many pictures do you want? I never had a calendar.
                        >
                        > Yanni@ Service
                        > Pisces Marine
                        > 669 Third Line
                        > Oakville On
                        > L6L4A9
                        > 905-827-4384
                        > www.piscesmarine.ca
                        > S/V Princess Thalia
                        > Columbia 8.7 #73
                        > Looking for new home...

                      • John Quick
                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
                        Paul

                        Attached atre a couple to consider for the Calendar/

                        Capt. John K. Quick
                        USCG License 1165368
                        s/v "Semper Fi" #177 C45
                        St Petersburg, FL

                        Message 12 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
                          How do you want them sent to you, email?

                          Yanni@ Service
                          Pisces Marine
                          669 Third Line
                          Oakville On
                          L6L4A9
                          905-827-4384
                          www.piscesmarine.ca
                          S/V Princess Thalia
                          Columbia 8.7 #73
                          Port Dalhousie Pier Marina
                          Slip A-42

                          Message 13 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
                            Paul, I have one of my 28. It's not very interesting being as it's in the
                            dock but you can have it if you think you can use it.

                            Jesse Doyle
                            s/v Wind Singer
                            1971 Columbia 28'
                            Coyote Point Marina
                            Redwood City, CA.

                            Message 14 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
                              That's best...

                              Thanks!

                              On 11/2/2010 2:28 PM, Letsgosailing now wrote:
                              > How do you want them sent to you, email?
                              >
                              > Yanni@ Service
                              > Pisces Marine
                              > 669 Third Line
                              > Oakville On