Re: CYOA - Delaminated and weeping

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2010
      If the water is in the resin, then you are going to have to grind out all the wet stuff and repair with something like chopped glass and epoxy. I would suggest using a Dremel or die grinder with a small burr to grind around and have alook. Just plugging a drilled hole is not a good idea. It really needs to be tapered, preferably on both sides, to get a good repair.

      Hello Folks..Been awhile since i have been here but still look at the postings every now and then. I do have one question of the group.
      Recently I was able to get down to the boat and had to rebed all of the cabin windows and the forward hatch. Seems water was seeping in when it would rain as normal. Also spent some time installing the boat oven.
      My question is, while on this repair job we found a place in the cabin sole that was weeping water. I am sure it was from a 1/4" hole that was drilled in the boat ( by the boatyard people) when it was on dry land and being stored. My friend tried to fill the hole with resin and re-glass the outside and apparently it is still weeping slowly. The general areas ( about 2 inches in diameter is soft and de laminating).
      Any suggestions for repairing this. We are planning to take it out of the water and trailer it overnight. Any suggestions?

    • ratherbnnc
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2010
        Thanks for the info Bruce. As always, I appreciate the help.

        Watt Jones
        C-26
        Belhaven/Wake Forest NC