Re: I did it.

  • Eric White
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2009
      I've got a PSS shaft dripless shaft seal on Compass Rose. I had the prop shaft out and noticed that the bellows wasn't very flexible any more. After a little research I found out that they recommend replacing the bellows every five years. You can get a kit from them that includes the bellows, new hose clamps, and o-rings for the disk that attaches to the shaft. A little over $100 for my 1.25 inch prop shaft. Seems a little pricy for regular maintenance compared to replacing the flax packing in a standard stuffing box, but at least you won't over-tighten the box and put a groove in the shaft.

      Eric