Re: CYOA - Hatch 'seal' for the Hughs Columbia 8.3, 1981

  • Pete Malone
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009
      http://www.pompanette.com/bomar <http://www.pompanette.com/bomar>

      http://www.pompanette.com/pompweb.nsf/731d6514ff5a8481852567be000745b2/a\
      594d67364fe8439852567c5000f8a35?OpenDocument
      <http://www.pompanette.com/pompweb.nsf/731d6514ff5a8481852567be000745b2/\
      a594d67364fe8439852567c5000f8a35?OpenDocument>

      Try links above. The Pompanette site holds the Boamr Gray product link,
      and the Online Catalog holds the Parts - Cast Hatch page link..

      The gasket has a peel and stick urethane glue seal that really holds on
      clean metal. The butt ends of the gasket should be trimmed with a razor
      to butt up snugly and then use methyl acrylate glue (super glue) to
      attach butt ends making a continuous seal.

      ~pete

      --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, <danielgrant@...> wrote:

      > If it is a metal hatch as on my 8.7 it is a Bomar and they are still
      in production. You can google them or look for an add in a boating mag.
      They are responsive by phone but not cheap. I had tried an aftermarket
      and was not satisfied so contacted Bomar directly. Dan

      > To: columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com
      > From: abonsant@...
      > Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:31:03 +0000
      > Subject: CYOA - Hatch 'seal' for the Hughs Columbia 8.3, 1981
      >

      > I am trying to find the supplier for the Hatch in the front of my
      boat. My seal is 'dead' and the water go in the boat. I need to find the
      supplier of the Hatch to know which seal to buy.

      > Would you happen to know who was the supplier of the front hatch for
      the Hughes Columbia 8.3, 1981. The size of the Hatch is 21 inches.

    • danielgrant@msn.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009
        Pete,

        I contacted pompanette directly by phone and the lady was very knowledgeable and asked for the dimensions of my hatch. She said it was still in production and I purchased the gasket and a new piece of Lexan. Bothwere a perfect fit. Dan

        To: columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com
        From: petemalone@...
        Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 07:40:18 +0000
        Subject: Re: CYOA - Hatch 'seal' for the Hughs Columbia 8.3, 1981