Albin AD2 engine water pump

  • winksjim
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
      After 3 years of unsuccessfuly looking for water pump impellers, I
      finally found a solution. I found a Sherwood D60 dual pocket pump (came
      off a Chrysler 318 marine V8) on Ebay for $65. I drilled a hole in the
      end of the shaft for a cross pin like the original pump, and made a
      1/4" thick mounting plate to replace the original cast plate (the steel
      plate that the bronze pump housing bolts to.) The pump mounted up
      beautifully and impellers and rebuild kits are available from several
      sources. The only difficulty is that the pump has 1" outlets so I had
      to put in adapters to reduce to the original 3/4" hoses.
    • Pete Malone
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
        Great novel solution...your patience, ingenuity and skill have paid
        off!!
        ~pete

        --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "winksjim" <winksjim@...>