Re: CYOA - Your verdict, Gentle Columbians

  • Harry James
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 1, 2009
      Jim

      If you expected moderation or a balanced view that would hold you back
      on this project from this group, you were mistaken. All you got was envy
      and very positive reinforcement to consummate this affair.

      Good luck, boat lust is so -----ummm--- lustful?

      HJ

    • deckerohana@yahoo.com
      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 8, 2009
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        book at www.captnpauley.com
        home.comcast.net/~pesterle/

        niebur32 wrote:

        > Paul
        >
        > I can't wait to see your article. I just ordered an electronic copy of
        > DIY-Boat Owner but, boy, do they have a complicated subscription
        > structure! With online subscription, print subscription, CD
        > collections, single-issue, multi-issue. Then there is backorder,
        > forward-order, side-order and who-knows-what-order.
        >
        > I _believe_ I now ordered a one year subscription including the issue
        > with your article but I must confess I am not really sure. Also,
        > confusingly, I ordered the online subscription, paid online of course,
        > but it seems now I have to wait for something to be delivered by the
        > USPS??? I expected to get sent some access code by email but it seems
        > I was wrong and they send one by snail mail?? We'll see.
        >
        > I hope this all works out and I will eventually see your article. I
        > always enjoy your descriptions, very nice and clear.
        >
        > --Ernst
        >
        > --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:columbiasailingyachts%40yahoogroups.com>, Paul Esterle
        > <pesterle@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > See the Last issue of DIY-Boat Owner for my article on rebuilding a
        > 10.7
        > > rudder...
        > >
        > > Paul Esterle
        > > Freelance Boating Writer
        > > Columbia 10.7, 26 & Matilda 20
        > > North East, MD.
        > > "Capt'n Pauley's Boat Repairs & Upgrades"
        > > book at www.captnpauley.com
        > > home.comcast.net/~pesterle/
        > >

        > > Kbjmjrb@... wrote:
        > > >
        > > > James,
        > > > If the ballast is really shifting, that is an intolerable condition.
        > > > Drilling holes and injecting epoxy resin is a possible fix. The split
        > > > rudder
        > > > needs to be repaired. The most common cause is water intrusion
        > through
        > > > cracks. The
        > > > cracks can come from collision, poor workmanship, or freezing
        > while on
        > > > the
        > > > hard. This can cause expanding corrosion on the inner metal framework
        > > > which then
        > > > splits the GRP cover. Another cause can be a lighting strike. In any
        > > > cast,
        > > > the GRP covering needs to be removed in places to inspect the inner
        > > > skeleton and
        > > > insure that it has not been substantially weakened. Do not be too shy
        > > > about
        > > > cutting into the GRP to inspect. A die grinder with the proper bits
        > > > makes this
        > > > quick work and replacing small areas of GRP with new cloth and epoxy
        > > > resin is
        > > > easy. The hard part with both the keel and the rudder may be drying
> [...]

        Columbia Yacht Owners Association Website:
        http://www.columbia-yachts.com/

        Home:
        http://www.egroups.com/group/columbiasailingyachts/