Columbia 26 MK2 with Keel-Centerboard

  • f969c
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 29, 2008
      I am now the happy owner of a 1971 26 Mk2 with a shoal draft keel- with
      centerboard...

      I do know the 34's came with the centerboard option but I have not
      been able to find any information about the 26' MK2's having the
      centerboard option---

      any body out there have any info?
    • Harry James
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 29, 2008
        I am interested in more info, I have never heard of this version. I can
        think of a few places that this would be a great boat for.

        HJ

        f969c wrote:
        > I am now the happy owner of a 1971 26 Mk2 with a shoal draft keel- with
        > centerboard...
        >
        > I do know the 34's came with the centerboard option but I have not
        > been able to find any information about the 26' MK2's having the
        > centerboard option---
        >
        > any body out there have any info?

      • Eric White
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 31, 2008
          Hi and congratulations on your boat. I think a 26 MkII with a
          centerboard is pretty rare. I checked my Columbia literature and have
          only found a mention of a centerboard option in an info sheet circa
          1970 that I think may have been included with some brochures. It just
          says it was available that way and gives no other info other than
          mentioning a 3'2" draft.

          Eric

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 31, 2008
            Oops, forgot to mention that there is an engineering drawing of the
            centerboard at boatbrochure.com

            Eric

            --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "Eric White"

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 31, 2008
              I will post photographs soon and will let you know.

              She is on the hard right now_ i look forward to using her this
              spring- I cant wait.

              The previous owner did not know anything about the centerboard- at
              first I assumed it was an after market modification but I found on
              line a brochure of a 1971 34 with the centerboard option listed- so
              I imagine the option existed for all the models offered.

              Cheers

              --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, Harry James

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 1, 2009
                Thanks Eric!