Re: Planning a trip

  • Pete Malone
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 23, 2008
      It looks to me that the distance is greater than 80nm, without adding
      for side trips into anchorages.

      That is, I took waypoints from Piney Pt., on the Potomac (farthest named
      point on my charts upriver), to Annapolis.

      You wrote: >> don't have a feeling how much wind to expect <<

      My guess is: a little, or a lot.

      I watch the Lower Bay, mostly, and the graphical weather charts are
      helpful to me to see how the winds clock around over a period of days. I
      find the wave forecasts helpful, too.

      Here is a link to a graphical forecast page I took down just now, for
      the area in which you will be operating.

      Lookit:
      http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/wfo/sectors/lwxMarineWeek.php?expandwee\
      k=ON#tabs
      <http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/wfo/sectors/lwxMarineWeek.php?expandwe\
      ek=ON#tabs>

      The days will be short, a fact that came back to me earlier this month
      while out on the water, and sundown was before 5PM.

      Good luck with your plan!!

      ~pete

      --- In columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com, "cdt3958" <Conn24J@...>