143560Re: CYOA - Winter Glue

  • Marty
    Apr 25, 2014
      On 04/25/2014 01:10 PM, Kbjmjrb@... wrote:
      > ...The Beltway Bozos do not realize that some of us use light bulbs for
      > heat. We want them inefficient and wasteful

      I've tried to explain a related concept to treehugs on a few occasions.
      Incandescent light bulbs are typically only really inefficient when you
      don't need the extra heat. In the winter, then they just keep the
      heating from kicking on as much, which is typically seasonal. If you
      have electric heat, its a wash probably. But the part I had getting
      across to them is that all that statistics about the inefficiency of
      these bulbs don't often take winter into account. So much politics, so
      little real science sometimes.

      --
      Marty ~ '74 C28 ~ Coastal North Carolina
    • Show all 35 messages in this topic