      From: columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of cmckesson2000
      Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2009 11:57 AM
      To: columbiasailingyachts@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: CYOA - Re: Columbia Main Cabin Ports for sale

      Thank you for that Kurt. DO you know if Mr. Wiley is available on e-mail?
      Perhaps he would be willing to look for a pair and ship 'em to me.

      Otherwise, I may indeed be getting in touch with you to beg this service of
      you. It would be a wonderful upgrade tot he old girl (SUNDANCE - not
      Debbie!)

      Chris McKesson

      --- In columbiasailingyach <mailto:columbiasailingyachts%40yahoogroups.com>
      ts@yahoogroups.com, "Kurt Messerschmidt" <messerschmidt@...> wrote:

      > Dear Chris,
      >
      > The last time I was at Andy Wiley's place up to Irvington he still had
      > quite a few of those windows -- old, dirty and strewn around half a dozen
      > buildings but still unused. I bought a set from him five years ago and
      took
      > them to a glass shop where I had the Plexiglas removed and replaced with
      > tempered glass smoked in the exact shade of the newly installed Lewmar
      ports
      > which were also being installed that spring. The total cost for the large
      > ports was: $80 for the pair from Andy, $140 to have the glass cut and
      > tempered and installed and $30 to have them shipped from Charleston where
      > lived and had the glass work done to the Rochester, NY yard doing the
      work.
      > That was a total of $250, less than the price of each of the six Lewmar
      > ports which were $300 each. That was a great deal. Those replaced the
      > second set of ports which we had installed in the mid-1980's and which
      were
      > a very dark smoked Lexan They Lexan ones were bulletproof (literally) but
      > over the years the Lexan had accumulated a million tiny scratches and was
      > cloudy and the dark color gave the boat an unattractive 80's Hunterish
      look.
      > The finished product may be seen on the CYOA webpage under Owners'
      Registry,