[columbia_heights] Columbia Heights House Tour on May 7th, 2000

  • Dahmus Paul
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2000
      The Columbia Heights Tour Planning Committee is gearing up for the Y2K
      tour, sure to be a wonderful community event! There are many ways
      that YOU can get involved with this fun and rewarding activity:

      * Share your home -- The tour is an excellent opportunity to showcase
      the incredible variety and creativity found in Columbia Heights homes.
      Past tours have featured fully restored period homes, innovative
      contemporary renovations, as well as "works in progress." We hope to
      have 10 houses on this year's tour, and would love to hear from you if
      you'd like to add yours to the list of possibilities. Not ready this
      year? We're also starting a "waiting list" of homes for 2001!

      * Share your talents -- Are you good at publicity? Research and
      writing? Maybe you have a gift for finances and bookkeeping? Or
      coordinating receptions? We could use your talents as part of the
      Planning Committee for these and many other aspects of pulling off a
      significant community event.

      * Share your time -- If neither of the above are quite your cup of
      tea, there still is a valuable role you could play on the day of the
      tour. For the dual purpose of neighborliness as well as security,
      each tour home is staffed with 4 or 5 volunteer docents. These
      volunteers greet tour-goers as they walk through the various floors of
      the houses, answer questions about the neighborhood and the house,
      check tickets, and keep an eye on things. A great way to help out if
      time is at a premium in your schedule!

      Please send an email to dahmus_paul@... or call me at 202-332-6468
      if
      you would like to get involved. Our next meeting is Wednesday February
      9th
      at 7:30 p.m. Contact me for details.

      Paul Dahmus, Committee Chair