Creative Arts Healing Training for Artists

  • Juliet Bruce
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2002
      To all storytellers, visual artists, writers, dancers, musicians, and creative arts counselors in Columbia Heights:

      Institute for Transformation Through the Arts (ITA) is going to offer free trainings for artists in all media who are interested in bringing the transformative power of the arts to people and communities in need of healing. We're offering this training in association with ArtistCares, an organization of New York-based artists formed after September 11. ArtistCares has created an excellent healing model and artist preparation workshop, and they will work with ITA to train a network of artists to do this work in our area.

      The artist prep workshop will prepare you to:
      • lead workshops that support healing through creative expression,
      • understand the difference between creative arts healing and therapy,
      • understand and manage group dynamics, and
      • connect with a network of artists who are doing this work.
      We don't yet have a date or location. We're putting out this call to see how many of you want to participate in this project. We'd appreciate your forwarding this message to friends and colleagues who might be interested.

      ITA is a DC-based nonprofit that uses the arts to support the health and well being of individuals, families, and communities -- especially those affected by underachievement, marginalization, and violence. To find out more about us, visit www.arts-for-life.org.

      If you'd like to take this training or want to find out more about this project, please e-mail juliet@..., or call (202) 667-3766 as soon as possible.

      Juliet Bruce, Ph.D.
      Executive Director
      Institute for Transformation Through the Arts