[columbia_heights] moving to Girard playground area

  • Dave McIntire
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31 2:10 PM
      My wife and I have lived in Columbia Heights for over 25 years
      and we have never been caught in a crossfire. I know people who
      have lived here for over 70 years and nothing like that has ever
      happened to them.

      Different places have different risks associated with them.
      Planes fall out of the sky sometimes. Accidents happen on the
      highway. Farmers have tractors roll on them. Skiers run into
      trees. People get killed by demented killers in National Parks.
      John Glenn hurt himself seriously when he fell in his bathtub.

      Living is unsafe. None of us get out alive. I don't think the
      2800 block of 15th is much more or less dangerous than living
      anyplace else. You are much more likely to be injured or killed
      while riding in an auto than going from your residence to you car
      and visa versa.

      Don't be like the person who moved upon hearing that most
      accidents happen to people within a few blocks of their homes.

      Dave McIntire

      Re:
      > I have just rented an apartment in the building at 2801 15th
      St.,