Rats and Mulch

  • Melissa Knutson Leifert
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2001
      Help,

      I just landscaped my garden with a "woodland" motive. Lots of wood bark mulch around my plants and a meandering path of pine nuggets. But now I'm noticing lots of rats! Could the mulch actually be attracting rats? Or am I getting spill over from a neighbor's yard that has finally been cleaned?

      Any gardeners or rat experts have a suggestion? I put bait out this morning and found one hole which I'll plug with stainless steel wool. Will the city provide the traps (and empty them)?

      I'm not naive. I've seen them before but now it's ridiculous.

      Melissa