RE: [columbia_heights] Fw: Klingle Road - Please Email the Mayor Today!

  • Larry Bellinger
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7 9:00 AM
      I live on the 13th Street "Commuter Freeway" between Euclid and Fairmount. I
      may not like it but I deal with it and trust me, even if we get rid of the
      rush hour parking restrictions living on Interstate 13 is a much greater
      hardship than any that would be faced by folks near Klingle road. As far as
      "plenty of alternatives" for crossing the park, be real. There are some park
      crossings and during the rush hour they bottleneck and back up leaving
      idling car's emissions to add to the bad air quality.

      I agree that more cash should be spent on public transportation but the
      bikes and strollers rap is tired and worn. I think the folks that benefit
      the most from Klingle Road remaining fallow are the folks in the immediate
      vicinity and I am sure they are in total support of running a free shuttle
      from Columbia Heights to their neighborhood (pause here to let sarcasm sink
      in). I would rather my tax dollars go for increasing mobility than to
      subsidize what in essence would be a private park.

      Repair and reopen Klingle Road

      Larry Bellinger

      "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence
      of our friends. "
      - Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)