13th. Street Traffic

  • Alexandra Morrison
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2001
      Wasn't March 28 the expiration of the DOT study of traffic on 13th Street.
      Does anyone know when the signs are to be removed and we can use our Metro
      without having to rush back to move cars?
    • JULIE CLAYTON
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2001
        Jim Graham informed me last week that it was under negotiations with
        the Mayor's office at that very time. It is not too late to send your
        thoughts on the issue to Mayor@.... Here's the note that I
        sent him:

        "Dear Mayor Williams:

        I understand from Councilmember Graham that the issue of lifting
        rush-hour parking restrictions from 13th Street NW is currently being
        considered. As a resident of 13th Street, I strongly urge you and
        your staff to implement this much-needed change. The constant stream
        of rush-hour traffic is noisy, polluting, and dangerous, not to
        mention inconvenient especially for those of us who have no driveway
        or alley behind our houses. It is an undue burden to require the
        residents of this city to sacrifice our safety, our peace & quiet, and
        the ability to park in front of our homes, just for the sake of
        commuters who don't live here, don't vote here, and don't pay taxes
        here.

        Please take immediate steps to remove the rush-hour parking
        restrictions from 13th Street NW.

        Sincerely,
        Julie Clayton
        2726 13th Street NW"