GA Ave - Next Meeting Monday & Minutes

  • SYLVIA ROBINSON
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2013
      Greetings,

      The next meeting of the Georgia Avenue Community Development Task Force will be Monday September 9th at 7pm at 2632 Georgia Avenue NW - corner of GA and Fairmont above Salt and Pepper.

      At this meeting we will hear a presentation from the ACLU on racial disparity in arrests and from the Menkiti Group on their proposal for the Walter Reed site.  We will also receive updates on the Howard University Homecoming in October.

      In Other News:

      Apply for a Diverse City Fund grant! Information session this Saturday!
      Grassroots social justice organizations led by people of color are invited to apply for funding from the Diverse City Fund for up to $5,000.  The deadline is September 23rd.  An information session will be held tomorrow - Saturday September 7th from 10 to noon at the New Community Church, 614 S St. NW.   For more information: Tel: 202-709-7038; Email: info@diversecityfun d.org; Facebook: https://www. facebook. com/diversecityf und; Twitter @DiverseCityFund; http://www.diversec ityfund.org