Death by Gunshot

  • Jim Graham
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2013

      Dear Friends--

      I have very sad news.  A Latino juvenile was pronounced dead from gunshot last might at Washington Hospital Center. He was taken in  a private vehicle to hospital from the vicinity of Columbia Road and  Sherman Avenue.

      We have confirmed that very recently was committed as a ward to the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services. He had a pass to visit that area.

      According to MPD, there was no recorded shot spotter reports or complaints of gunshots in this area.

      Much more needs to be known about this. I am advised that the car and driver are known to MPD.

      For now, our most sincere sympathy goes to his family and friends.

      Councilmember Jim Graham

      I typically answer emails before 9 AM on weekdays. If you email me after that, it is likely that you will hear from me the next weekday. If there is a need to communicate prior to that, you may wish to call me. For most effective communication, please use my direct email address: jim@...

      Jim Graham, Councilmember, Ward One, 1350 Pa. Ave., NW, #105, Washington, DC 20004. 202-724-8181; 202-724-8109 (fax).

      Chairman, Committee on Human Services. Main Committee Number: 202-724-8191. 1350 Pa. Ave., NW, #116, Washington, DC 20004.

      Website: www.grahamwone.com