Re: [columbia_heights] Sherman Avenue Update

  • Darren Jones
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 21, 2013
      Hi Margo,

      I don't put much faith in the dates that are published for Sherman Avenue reconstruction. I just forward the updates that are sent to me. A lot of their work schedule depends on the utility companies coming out to do their part.

      The lead Sherman Avenue contractor will attend the next Pleasant Plains Civic Association meeting to give our group a final update on the project. That meeting is Saturday, April 13, at noon, at the Banneker Recreation Center. We will have a list of things that have not been corrected at that meeting.

      Darren Jones
      767 Columbia Road

      Darren,

      What's your best guess on April 30 being the actual end date?  I mean, completion has been pushed back already, and the Southbound lane was closed at Kenyon today with no warning forcing rush hour traffic through neighborhood streets and school zones.  As a homeowner on Sherman Ave, I am eager for this project to be over.

      Thank you,

      Margo Dunn
      On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 7:53 AM, Darren Jones <colroadman@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from Darren Jones included below]

      Subject: Sherman Avenue Update
      Hello,

      Please see the attached for the latest update on Sherman Avenue Reconstruction activities.  If any questions or concerns, please let me know.

      Best,

      endrea frazier
      Sherman Avenue Reconstruction Project
    • Margo Scott Dunn