MtP Farmers' Market: Join us Saturday!

  • Mt Pleasant Far Mar Newsletter
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2013
      Dear Mt Pleasant Far Mar Friends,

      Events

      Winter Family Fun at the Mount Pleasant Library! THIS Saturday, March 9th 10am-noon

      Kids Crafts – Calling children of all ages! Come ready to create with The Institute for Student Health (ISH) and craft a friendly Lady Bug Rock to decorate your spring garden.

      Interactive Food Demo – We’re celebrating Brussels sprouts! Amanda shows you how prepare a raw kale and Brussels sprout salad with sweet vinaigrette dressing. Brussels sprouts don’t need to be cooked like many people believe. They are extremely tasty, nutritious and easy to prepare raw! A perfect dish to start to any meal.

      Film Screening -  A selection from our favorite food documentaries will be playing. Arrive at 10am for the full-length presentation or stop by later to catch a snippet.

      Environmental Film Festival, March 12-24

      Focused on the vital role of earth’s rivers in human survival and their vulnerability in the changing global environment, this year’s festival features 190 films that broadly explore our natural environment. Check out the amazing line-up!

      Seasonal Recipe

      A few simple ways to enjoy our featured vegetable.

      Roasted Brussels Sprouts -  from Ina Garten

      Whole Wheat Pasta with Brussels Sprouts and Mushrooms – from Martha Stewart

      Food and Farm News

      The Benefits of Grafted Tomatoes – from The Washington Post

      Wild Bees are Good for Crops, but Crops are Bad for Bees – from NPR

      A Place at the Table – Hungry in the Land of the Fat – from Huffington Post

      Yours Truly, Karissa
      Market Manager
      Mount Pleasant Farmers' Market
      www.MtPFM.org
      between 17th & Mount Pleasant and Park & Lamont Streets
      Saturdays, 9 am - 1 pm, rain or shine
      Sign up and hang out: Volunteer Calendar!
      facebook.com/MtPFarMar
      twitter.com/MtPFarMar
      email music@... about Music and Entertainment
      email wrenches@... about the Farmers' Market Bike Clinic