Re: [700blkHobart-Columbia-Harvard] Street Sweeping Starts on Monday

  • anc1b00
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6 6:08 AM
      Lesley,

      I understand the frustration. Please logon to 311.dc.gov and enter an appeal to the tickets for street sweeping which includes the following verbiage from Linda Grant.

      "Hi, there: Thanks for sending the reminder about the start of street sweeping.
      I just wanted to let you know DPW will begin enforcing street sweeping parking
      restrictions Monday, March 11 so you have this week to get used to moving your
      car again. Linda Grant, DPW PIO"

      Please contact me directly if you want to discuss.

      Be safe,

      James

      --- In columbia_heights@yahoogroups.com, Lesley Muldoon <lesley.muldoon@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the clarification on street cleaning enforcement. The signs on
      > my block (1100-1200 of Kenyon NW) say street cleaning goes into effect
      > March 1, so I parked my car accordingly for Monday sweeping. That night, I
      > found my car had been towed to the opposite side of the street and that I
      > had gotten two $100 tickets, despite following the posted signs.
      >
      > This seems like a parking enforcement official disregarding the
      > implementation of these rules in 2 ways - 1) DPW has stated that
      > enforcement of the rules goes into effect (i.e. tickets) starting next
      > Monday, 3/11, and 2) the signs on my block clearly say that we need to
      > follow the street cleaning parking rules starting 3/1. To whom can I speak
      > about this at DPW? These tickets are not valid.
      >
      > Thank you -
      > Lesley

    • Twine, Kevin (DPW)
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6 11:19 AM

        Lesley:

        Please send me the ticket info (ticket # etc) and your contact info.

        Regards,

        kevin

        Kevin B. Twine

        Staff Assistant