GA Ave - Next Meeting March 11, Minutes and Council Testimony
- Greetings,The next meeting of the Georgia Avenue Community Development Task Force will be Monday March 11th from 7-9pm at the ECAC - 733 Euclid St. NW. Park in the rear for fewer steps and elevator access.The minutes from the February 27th meeting can be downloaded at https://sites.google.com/site/pleasantplainsdc/task-force/GACDTF_Meeting_Minutes_2-27-13.docIn Other News:The Council oversighthearing for the Deputy Mayor for planning and Economic Development was held Friday March 1st. Claudia Barahona from DC Prevention Wards 1 and 2 organized four students and two teachers from Cesar Chavez along with Sylvia Robinson to testify regarding the improvements needed at the Bruce Monroe Community Park. Tom Dawes from DCCH, Michelle Grant, CJ Lewis from GABA, Romeo Morgan from Morgan's Seafood and Alan Brangman from Howard University testified as well. The video of the hearing is online. Go to http://www.dccouncil.washington.dc.us/granicus/archive/ scroll down to recent archives and find the 3/1/13 hearing on Committee on Economic Development, Muriel Bowser, Chairperson. From there, download the format you can use. Here are the times of the significant testimony:Bruce Monroe - testimony of the community on park improvements: 1:22:28 - 1:37:08Bruce Monroe - Response from DMPED: 9:26:20 - 9:32:47GA Ave funding - testimony from the community: 3:13:53 - 3:29:38GA Ave funding - Response from DMPED: 7:52:14 - 8:00:47Site at Florida and Sherman - TwoÂ Developers Bid on Florida Ave. NW Parcel:
http://www.washingt oncitypaper. com/blogs/ housingcomplex/ 2013/02/26/ two-developers- bid-on-florida- ave-nw-parcel/Street improvements at Georgia Ave at Lamont has been scheduled for March 4th - 7th, weather and construction conditions permitting. For this location, DDOT will make making the following improvements:
- Install new wheelchair ramps on Georgia Ave at the intersection of Lamont St
- Expand the size of the crosswalk on Georgia Ave at intersection of Lamont St
- Remove and replace a port of the sidewalk on Lamont St at the intersection of Georgia
- Repair the brick on Georgia Ave near the bus stop.
This work is being completed as part of the DDOT Americans with Disability Act Compliance Project to ensure disabled members of the community can access WMATA bus stops. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Veronica Davis, P.E. ADA Compliance Project Cell: (202) 695-2160The Georgia Avenue Community Development Task Force meets every 2nd Monday and 4th Wednesday of the month. For more information or to join our mailing list, email Sylvia at sylvia@... or call (202) 462-2285.Sylvia