#SustainableDC: Release of the Sustainable DC Plan on February 20th!

  • Barragan, JuanCamilo (EOM)
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6 11:04 AM

      Dear Sustainable DC!

      After 180 community events and with the participation of nearly 5,000 people, we are very excited to announce the release of the Sustainable DC Plan! At last night’s State of the District Address, Mayor Vincent C. Gray reasserted his commitment to making the District the healthiest, greenest, most livable city in the nation and announced the release date for the plan. On February 20th at 10am, the Mayor will release the Sustainable DC Plan to the public at the Earth Conservation Corps Pump House (Diamond Teague Park. 1520 1st St SE Washington, DC 20024).

      With the hard work of residents, workers, and business leaders, the District’s ambitious 20-year plan is finished! Mayor Vincent C. Gray, alongside Director Keith Anderson (District Department of the Environment) and Director Harriet Tregoning (Office of Planning), will present the final Sustainable DC Plan, which includes 32 goals, 31 targets, and 143 specific actions. By implementing this plan, the District will be committing to innovative solutions in the built environment, energy, food, nature, transportation, waste, and water that address current and future challenges to:

      ·         create jobs and grow our economy while supporting local businesses;

      ·         improve citywide health through clean air and water and access to healthy food and lifestyles;

      ·         celebrate diversity and improve social equity through equal access to services and assistance for those who need it most; and

      ·         protect our local environment and global climate for ourselves and our future generations.

      With the release of the plan, the real work is just getting started! Soon after February 20th, we will bring stakeholders together to begin charting a course for some of the specific actions within the plan. Keep an eye out for the ‘Save the Date’ announcement of this public meeting in March!

      Show your support for the Sustainable DC Plan by joining us at the Earth Conservation Corps Pump House (Diamond Teague Park. 1520 1st St SE Washington, DC 20024) on February 20th at 10am. Please RSVP here. If you have any questions, please email sustainable.future@.... We look forward to seeing you there and to celebrating the release of the Sustainable DC Plan!

      Thank you again for all your hard work and congratulations on the release of the plan!

      Best,

      The Sustainable DC Planning Team

      Sustainable-DC-logo-no-tagline.jpg

      Grade.DC.gov has grown again!