Tubman ES Open Houses & ECE forum

  • Laina Aquiline
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2013
      Tubman Elementary School (3101 13th St NW, bt Irving & Kenyon) had a great open house on Jan. 17. This DCPS rising star is an educational gem of Columbia Heights and Ward 1. Under the strong leadership of Principal Harry Hughes, reading and math scores have consistently and solidly risen over the last several years.  GreatSchools has just rated Tubman an impressive 9 out of 10, the best rating of Ward 1 elementary schools, along with Adams Morgan's Marie Reed ES and U St. Corridor's Meridian Hill PCS.

      Please attend our open houses to see the school in action and learn more about the promising things going on there.  With the continued investment from community families and stakeholders, Tubman is well on its way to becoming the premier DC elementary school east of Rock Creek Park.  Join us in the effort.

      Tu. Feb. 12, 9:30am
      Th. Mar. 14, 9:30am
      Th. Apr. 11, 9:30am
      Th. May 9, 9:30am

      Attend our Early Child Education forum with Principal Hughes and PS3/PK4 Tubman teachers to learn about the Tools of the Mind curriculum - a played-based hands-on approach that teaches children self-regulation and more about the neighborhood and world around them:  Wed. Feb. 6, 5:30pm

      The DCPS lottery - all preschool (3) and pre-K (4) candidates must enter - opens Mon. Jan. 28 and closes Mon. Feb. 25.

      Please contact Principal Harry Hughes <harry.hughes@...> (he's very responsive), Vice Principal Maggie Slye <margaret.slye@...>, PTA President Matt Aquiline <tubmanptapresident@...> or me with any questions.

      Hope to see you at Tubman!

      --
      Commissioner Laina Aquiline | Vice Chair | Advisory Neighborhood Commission 1A | Single Member District 1A04
      1338 Meridian Place, NW | Washington, DC 20010 | 202-390-3247 | laina.aquiline@...