FW: EatsPlace Kickstarter campaign

  • Boese, Kent C. (ANC 1A08)
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2012
      All,

      The following may be of interest to many of you. EatsPlace is a prospective food establishment hoping to open on the 3600 block of Georgia Avenue. But, to do so, they need financial support. Today is the last day of their Kickstarter campaign and they still have a long way to go. If you, like me, think that this buisiness would be a great addition to the community, please consider being a supporter.

      Regards,

      Kent C. Boese | Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner 1A | Single Member District (SMD) 1A08
      608 Rock Creek Church Road, NW | Washington, DC 20010 | 202-525-7682 | kent.boese@...

      Help 9-1-1 Save Your Life!
      Create a free Safety Profile to provide critical, lifesaving data to 9-1-1 in the event of an emergency call today at
      www.smart911.com.
      Inform first responders in advance!

      From: eatsplace <eatsplace@...>
      Date: Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 8:23 AM
      Subject: Re: Kickstarter campaign
      To: Kent Boese <parkviewblog@...>

      Hi Kent!

      We're excited about the EatsPlace concept and want to share it with as
      many people as we can. We'd really appreciate it you’d help spread the
      word in these FINAL FEW HOURS by pledging support this project,
      blogging and emailing friends and family who might be interested.

      EATSPLACE CAMPAIGN -- www.eatsplace.com/fund -- EatsPlace is a Park
      View/Petworth food and restaurant concept that will have dining space
      to host pop-up restaurants and chef residencies, community commercial
      kitchen rentals and a marketplace. For more information on how to
      support us opening in May 2013, go to http://eatsplace.com/fund where
      you can watch a video and see the rewards available to backers,
      including licensed kitchen rental at a reduced founder's rate, local
      art,  food business consulting, and a special founder's dinner party.

      OUR MISSION: EatsPlace’s mission is to be an evolving creative
      enterprise that lives, breathes, and changes according to what’s in
      season, what chefs are dreaming up and what neighbors crave.

      OUR GOAL: Raise $25,000 by end of the day November 27th for build out
      and to purchase equipment for production, including prep tables, a
      food processor, a mixer, a fryer and ranges for culinary roamings, and
      shelving and walk-in cooling to store everybody’s delicious creations,
      as well as purchase initial supplies and ingredients. EatsPlace is
      running out of time in its kickstarter funding drive.

      HOW YOU CAN HELP: We’d be thrilled if you become a backer to help open
      EatsPlace. Every donation gets fabulous, one-of-a-kind rewards from
      local artists and chefs. www.eatsplace.com/fund  Or help spread the
      word by blogging, emailing, or tweeting: @EatsPlaceDC, a pop-uppery,
      food incubator & community kitchen — #Kickstarter http://kck.st/RJt2xs

      You're making this happen, and we're super lucky to have your support!
      Thank you and if you have any questions, please let us know. We're but
      a message away.

      Katy Chang and the gang
      EatsPlace
      (202) 656-7506