Lost beagle mix "Riley"

  • elizabeth@innercity.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20, 2012

      1a. Missing: Black Beagle Mix, female, "Riley"--red harness, leash

          Posted by: "merowse" merowse@... merowse

          Date: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:40 am ((PST))

      Our beloved Riley, a friendly black beagle mix dog, sprinted off when she caught a scent by the Carter Barron Amphitheatre as we were walking back to the parking lot after a hike (Colorado and 16th) in Rock Creek Park about 1 PM Saturday afternoon. We've been told that such a fast little beagle could have traveled a great distance to neighborhoods we wouldn't expect.

      Riley is microchipped and was initially adopted from the Washington Animal Rescue League (WARL) so they are on the case, I went to the Georgia St. animal shelter, but no luck. We have called the other shelters, but will visit them as soon as they open on Monday.

      If you have any information about Riley, please call 206-225-8595 or e-mail rperitz@ hotmail.com (delete the space when using the e-mail).

      We also are building a website, so people can download flyers, etc., at http://www.LostRiley.com If you find that it is not yet working, please check back.

      For those of you who live in the Town of Chevy Chase or are passing through, we'll be putting a box of flyers at the Doggie Potts on Lynn Dr., the Lawton Center, and Zimmerman Park tomorrow AM if anyone would like to take a couple to work and hopefully reach a wider range of people in Maryland/DC.

      Thank you again.

      Aki Peritz

      7607 Maple Ave.

      ____________

      --- In ChevyChaseCommunityListserv@yahoogroups.com, "oak45ridge" <Annlwild@...> wrote:

      > Posted for a neighbor.

      > Ann Wild

      > Oakridge Ave.

      > My sweet little dog disappeared somewhere in Rock

      Creek Park--she's a

      > small 17 pound friendly black beagle mix named

      Riley. She should have

      > her red collar leash/harness still on her. If you

      happen to see her,

    • elizabeth@innercity.org
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21, 2012

        Riley was found, with leash tangled in a bush in Rock Creek Park, is well and reunited with her family.

        To all, a safe and warm holiday.

            Date: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:40 am ((PST))