Public Safety Report Attached: ANC 1A DRAFT November 14, 2012, Meeting Agenda
- Dear Friends and Neighbors,In addition to the ANC 1A Draft Agenda below, this month's public safety report is attached. You can find back issues online at http://anc1a.org/committees.html (scroll down).October's Highlights:DC Fish CarryoutCriminal Cases: All three defendants have pleaded guilty, two have been sentenced - http://www.dccourts.gov/internet/CCO.jsfLiquor License Revocation: New Hearing Date: February 13, 2012 at 2:30 PM - http://abra.dc.gov/Please sign the petition to say "NO WAY" to drug dealing in our neighborhood and to receive updates and links to related press coverage: http://www.change.org/petitions/washington-dc-alcoholic-beverage-control-board-revoke-the-abc-license-of-the-dc-fish-carryoutANC 1A Crimes Reported by MonthCrime is up overall for October, with significant increases in robberies (muggings) and thefts-from-auto (car break-ins).There was one October homicide in ANC 1A, a murder-suicide.Crime Prevention Tips - Above all, don't make yourself an easy target. Take precautions and act responsibly.
Cecilia JonesANC 1A Public Safety Committee Chair202-299-7868 (cell)---------- Forwarded message ----------
- Never leave belongings visible in a parked car. Even spare change in an ash tray can lead to someone smashing your window.
- At home, take special precautions when you leave town so that burglars will think someone is home.
- At the gym, secure your belongings with a sturdy lock.
- At public places such as restaurants, never leave purses, wallets, cell phones or electronics unattended.
- To avoid robberies, be aware of your surroundings at all times while walking or on the Metro. Avoid talking on the phone in public places and when walking outside. Don’t let a suspicious stranger engage you in conversation. If something or someone appears suspicious, trust your instincts and go to a safe place if possible.
- Since many robberies happen late at night, avoid walking home if you're out past midnight. Drive or take a cab. If you have to walk, stay on major streets and in well-lit areas as much as possible.
- Take the time to report every crime to the police. If responding officers are reluctant to take your report, don't take "no" for an answer. Go to the police station if you have to. Crime reports drive metrics that affect police presence.
From: Boese, Kent C. (ANC 1A08) <1A08@...>
Date: Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Subject: ANC 1A DRAFT November 14, 2012, Meeting Agenda
To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "parkviewunc@..." <parkviewunc@...>, "Park_View_DC@yahoogroups.com" <Park_View_DC@yahoogroups.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "ColumbiaHeightsCitizensAssn@yahoogroups.com" <ColumbiaHeightsCitizensAssn@yahoogroups.com>, "WardOneDC@yahoogroups.com" <WardOneDC@yahoogroups.com>, "HolmeadVillage@yahoogroups.com" <HolmeadVillage@yahoogroups.com>
The draft agenda for the November 14, 2012, meeting of ANC 1A is now posted on the ANC 1A Web site (http://anc1a.org/nextmeet.html). It is also included below as a convenience.
Harriet Tubman Elementary School
3101 13th Street N.W. (Gymnasium)
November 14, 2012Call to Order
Community Announcements (1 minute per speaker)
Commissioners and Members of the community can use this time to make public announcements, distribute information, or alert the community about issues.
Committee Reports - (Committee reports are done as needed. 5 minutes per report, unless otherwise noted)
Cecilia Jones, Public Safety Report
ANC Administrative Matters
Approval of AgendaApproval of the Prior Minutes ( October 2012)
Approval of 3rd and 4th Quarter financial reports
Presentations (5 minutes per speaker, unless otherwise noted)
Bernice Fonteneau Senior Wellness Center Report on ANC Grant supported Photography Class
Brandon Bellamy, Velocity Capital – Presentation on building proposed for 3557 Georgia Avenue
Patrick Mara – Presentation on 1A graduation requirements work the State Board of Education has been doing over the last year.
Official Business is limited to 5 minutes of presentation (unless extended by the commission) followed by questions from the commission and audience until a motion to close discussion is passed, followed by an official ANC vote.
Presenter Name – Issue (Requested ANC Action)
Letter of Support for one-time extension of hours for Lime Fresh Mexican Grill, 3100 14th Street, NW (Aquiline)
Letter of Support for the concept of the Calvary Place (Be The Change) project, for financing with the District's
Department of Housing and Community Development, 1459 Columbia Rd., NW (Kralovic)
Letter of Support to increase enrollment allowance to 300 to The Next Step Public Charter School Board, 3047 15th Street, NW (Kralovic)
Letter of Support for 2013 Rock 'n' Roll Marathon (Love-Wade)
Adjournment - Goodnight!
Create a free Safety Profile to provide critical, lifesaving data to 9-1-1 in the event of an emergency call today at www.smart911.com.
Inform first responders in advance!