Jim Graham and the lottery contract mess

  • whj@melanet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2012

      [More insight into how deals really get done in Ward 1.  Deals are not so much delayed, obstructed or convoluted into bad ones by NIMBYs but the politics of backroom dealing and pay-to-play.  Graham attenpting to steer this deal to LaKritz and Adler delayed potentially quality development projects on U Street and Georgia Avenue.  And we still don't know the public costs that it took to get Donatelli Development and others to drop out of this deal, in this deal's earlier phases. Similar politics delayed DCUSA for at least 2 additional years]

      Jim Graham and the lottery contract mess

      By Colbert I. King, Published: June 29  The Washington Post

      Did D.C. Council member Jim Graham (D-Ward 1) tell officials of the firm W2I, which had been awarded a multiyear D.C. lottery contract, that he would drop his opposition to the contract award if one of the company’s principals withdrew from a separate land deal involving the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), on whose board Graham also sat?

      http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/jim-graham-and-the-lottery-contract-mess/2012/06/29/gJQAmdzRCW_story.html