Re: [Adams Morgan] Re: In other local news......

  • whj@melanet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2010

      In terms of the $1.2M.  I am almost 100% sure that money for the 18th Streetscape came in part from the disolution of the Lower Georgia Avenue Great Streets Fund.  The CM has been robbing Peter in the Ward to Pay Paul in the Ward for years.  The $1.2M plus is about the amount of the Donatelli Development tax abatement refund passed earlier in the year with the 2011 budget.  Some thought this was a Columbia Heights issue, but now we see.  Until, we in the Ward sitdown across the board and work together for Win-Wins we will be stuck in this game being played by the CM.

      Also, see below the Co-Star abatement passed earlier this year.  They are now flipping the building they got the abatement to help buy.  I bet they make more on the flip than the abatement, will small businesses and neighborhood services get a cut?

      Today:
      CoStar building at 1331 L St. NW back on the market
      Read more: CoStar building at 1331 L St. NW back on the market | Washington Business Journal

      Hype Earlier:
      CoStar makes D.C. move official, buys 1331 L St. NW