Re: [columbia_heights] Candidates For Democratic A t-Large Council Seat Appointment

  • whj@melanet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18 7:38 PM
      I stand by my take on things.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: "Lenwood Johnson" <slimwood145@...>
      Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:32pm
      To: whj@..., wardonedc@yahoogroups.com, columbia _heights@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [columbia_heights] Candidates For Democratic At-Large Council Seat Appointment

      William,

      There is a bit of inaccurate information in your email: the DCDSC most likely will not make an endorsement in the special election, and whoever wins the appointment will not automatically become the Democratic Party's candidate. Because this is a special election, the DC Board of Elections will not recognize any candidate as being the "official" candidate of that party; anyone can run under any affiliation. I'm sure there will be many Democrats in the special election--many Democrats who chose to bypass this unnecessary, silly process set up by the DSC.

      I am an at-large elected committeeman (this is my third term). In every election, Ward 5 supported me overwhelming; therefore, I'm inclined to support a Ward 5 candidate for the appointment. Who is the Ward 5 candidate?

      --Lenwood Johnson