[columbia_heights] Action plans..?

  • Cnewman1@worldbank.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 1999
      Hi all,

      So... what's happening? Door-to-door leafletting/organizing, a meeting, another
      protest? Is there a plan? Dorothy, that idea about having a community
      information meeting with the detailed proposals was a good one. Is that in the
      works? I just want to make sure people don't lose heart. Having something
      ahead would help keep it alive and serve as a concrete way to get more people
      involved.

      Does anyone who attended the meeting on a Wednesday night between the two
      protests (picnic and metro opening) know if the woman who came and asked a lot
      of questions and who had a lot of knowledge about media was Annie Wu of WAMU?
      If so, did she ever follow-up? I'd like to write them to see if they would
      cover it for Metro Connection, but thought I'd check in here first.

      To Tasha and anyone who needs background,

      If you haven't seen it already there's a web site with all the notes to the Col.
      Hts listserve archived. You don't have to join the list to see all the messages
      that have been posted. It would be a good way to see the range of opinions and
      information available. Also the website at innercity.org is an excellent
      resource. I suppose if you wanted to quote people based on what they said in
      the past, you should ask permission.

      websites:
      http://innercity.org/columbiaheights/economic/
      http://www.egroups.com/list/columbia_heights/