FW: Tomorrow's Construction in Columbia Heights

  • whj@melanet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2010

      -----Original Message-----
      From: "Kovaleski, Kevin (DDOT)" <kevin.kovaleski@...>
      Sent: Thursday, May 6, 2010 6:13pm
      To: ".....
      Subject: Tomorrow's Construction in Columbia Heights

      Greetings Columbia Heights Community Members –

      As per DDOT’s previous e-mail here is the first of the daily updates I will be sending with regard to the ongoing Columbia Heights streetscape project.  If any construction activity beyond what is listed takes place tomorrow please let me know.

      Here is what is scheduled to take place tomorrow, Friday May 7th:

      ·         14th St Northbound between Newton & Monroe Streets: The lane will continue to be closed for water service connections and the installation of pavers. Concrete barriers have been put in place to further protect the lane under construction.

      ·         14th St. Northbound between Monroe & Park Streets: The lane will continue to be closed as Pepco is lowering manholes.

      ·         14th St. Northbound between Kenyon and Irving Streets: Continued Pepco work and Verizon work. DDOT will begin paving this lane.

      ·         Intersection of 14th and Irving St: On the northbound side of the road, black concrete bands will be poured to tie in the design on the sidewalks.

      ·         North-side of Irving Street: Workers will prepare to pour asphalt.

      Please note that there will be temporary nighttime WASA work taking place tonight, Friday night and potentially Monday night.  The work necessitates a water shut off and cannot be done during the day without shutting down impacted businesses.  All night work must be completed by 10pm. If construction noise persists beyond 10pm on any nights, please let me know.

      Thank you.

      Best,
      Kevin

      Kevin Kovaleski
      Capital City Fellow | District Department of Transportation | Office of the Director | 2000 14th Street, NW, 5th Floor, Washington, DC 20009 | 202-359-0284 | kevin.kovaleski@...

      Serving with Excellence and Integrity

      Are you making DC Count? You still have time to make a difference for your community.

      Be sure to fill out and mail back your 2010 Census Form.

       www.census.dc.gov or for additional assistance call 1-866-872-6868.