Re: [columbia_heights] RE: Violation of out Bylaws by a commissioner

  • staciaterry@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9, 2009
      I wish you would adress this in house instead of broadcasting to the entire Columbia Height group.

      From: Lenwood Johnson
      Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 16:40:42 -0700 (PDT)
      To: Cliff Valenti<cliffvalenti@...>; columbia<columbia_heights@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [columbia_heights] RE: Violation of out Bylaws by a commissioner

      I have produced minutes for every ANC meeting I have served as secretary; at the July 2009 monthly meeting, Cliff refused to allow review and approval of the June 2009 minutes. I did indeed distribute the minutes to all commissioners present. After the minutes are distributed for commissioners' review, they belong to the ANC to do with whatever they want. Chairman Cliff refused to entertain the review & approval of the minutes at last month's meeting.

      BUT my minutes production is not the issue here. ANC 1A has been driving on the should this WHOLE term. We are being led by a chair (and executive committee) that wants short, non-substance meetings instead of lengthy, substantive meetings that produce good work. The commission has done nothing in the way of administrative housekeeping: mail is not picked up on a regular basis, the phone bill went unpaid until service was disconnected, the rent went unpaid for 6 months--and I'm not sure it's been paid to date, and the ANC website was shut down because the maintenance fees were not paid.

      Cliff (and the whole ANC), "shut up and drive!"