Vote on Marriage Equality in D.C. - Please Pass Along

  • Jim Graham
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2009

      Dear Friends:

      Please come to the Ward One Democrats on Tuesday, June 9, to vote on straw poll on marriage equality in the District. Your vote will count!

      There will be a panel discussion on the various sides of this issue. But you may come and vote and leave if you would like.

      Your input is vital to how the District proceeds on marriage equality in the future. We want as many residents as possible to voice their opinions.

      The meeting will be held at 7:00 p.m. at the Reeves Center at 14th and U Street NW in the Second Floor Conference Room.

      As you may know, the D.C. Council last month voted to recognize same-sex marriages from other states. I voted in support of that measure. The second reading on the bill was on June 2.

      Bests,

      Councilmember Jim Graham

      --

      I typically answer emails before 9 AM on weekdays. If you email me after that, it is likely that you will hear from me the next weekday. If there is a need to communicate prior to that, you may wish to call me.

      Jim Graham, Councilmember, Ward One, 1350 Pa. Ave., NW, #105, Washington, DC 20004. 202-724-8181; 202-724-8109 (fax).

      Chairman, Committee on Public Works and the Environment (including alcohol regulation). Main Committee Number: 202-724-8195. 1350 Pa. Ave., NW, #116, Washington, DC 20004.

      Website: www.grahamwone.com
    • Jim Graham