DC Seekers Group

  • jal2272
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2008
      DC Seekers
      Winter 2008-09 Theme: Spiritual Biographies

      Amid the shopping trips and power trips of modern DC life lies the
      honest personal search for truth, authenticity, self-knowledge, or
      whatever describes your own reason for being.

      DC Seekers meets from 8-10pm on the following Tuesdays to share our
      experiences and discuss works that explore these topics. We'll also
      have a few movie nights in between readings. Our lineup this winter
      includes:

      Dec 16th: Confessions – St. Augustine

      Jan 13th: Seven Storey Mountain – Thomas Merton

      Feb 3rd: Black Elk Speaks – as told by John Neihardt

      Feb 17th: Memoirs of a Spiritual Outsider – Suzanne Clores

      Mar 17th: Autobiography of a Yogi – Paramhansa Yogananda

      Apr 7th: The Spiral Staircase – Karen Armstrong

      May 5th: Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light – edited by Brian
      Kolodiejchuk

      Past readings have included the Bhagavad Gita, Tao Te Ching, The
      Cloud of Unknowing, Idries Shah, Ken Wilbur, Chuang Tzu, Boethius,
      Plotinus, Dante, and Aquinas.

      Interested? Email Charlie for more information at
      charliehemmeline@...